Caring for your Jewellery
We believe in buying less and buying quality, which means understanding how to look after your jewellery.
Most of our gemstones are electroplated, which means they have a plating of gold or silver surrounding them — a thin copper layer is used to bond the metal to the gemstone surface. The plating is susceptible to fading over time, to extend the longevity of the item, please follow the below steps:
- Remove jewellery prior to showering, sleeping or exercising.
- Jewellery can be susceptible to damage by chemicals found in make-up, perfume, hair & body care products, water & even sunlight.
- Take care of your treasures, don't leave them on the bathroom shelf or on a sunlit window sill.
- Make your jewellery the last thing you put on & the first thing you take off, lastly remember to store in the box or pouch provided.
- Our chains are a 22ct gold plate onto a steel base, which is incredibly strong and durable.
- We use 14k gold fill to make the ear fittings, which has a minimum gold quantity, the colour will last for years if taken care of.
- We use 925 Sterling silver on chains and ear fittings.
- We use 925 Sterling Silver which has been recycled. That means all our silver jewellery has had a previous life. Recycled silver is the perfect way to contribute to a circular economy and cut down on our impact on the planet, without compromising the quality and durability of our jewellery.
- Sterling Silver can tarnish rapidly when exposed to certain substances in our everyday lives. Our chains and hoops can be cleaned in a silver solution or with a silver cloth, just remember to remove the gemstone before this is done.
We offer a repair service, please get in touch to see if we can help, contact firstname.lastname@example.org